Sunday 13 July 2014

Let the Power of God’s Word Keep Transforming You

This is going to be a short post. It's the night before school starts (PIONEER School that is) and I need to make sure my bag is packed, clothes are ready and I need to get a good nights sleep but before I do I just have to give you the re cap of yesterdays assembly.

I had the privlage of being interviewd by the Bethel Representative Bro Darren Janes during his concluding talk - "Let the Power of God’s Word Keep Transforming You".  I think I did ok, I havent even seen the video that Shannon took of it. Anyway Most of you have had your SAD so I dont think I'm spoiling anything so here are the 4 questions asked and my responses.


How would you describe your life before learning God’s Word?

I grew up in a divided home My father was a strict Catholic who was very proud man and very opposed, my mum had been in active for most of my adolecent and teenage years.  After experiencing a number of tumoultous events during my life I became very angry and rebelious and moved out of home at 18. I soon fell into a life of drugs and partying . 

I trusted know one. If any one was your friend it was beacuse you had money or drugs. Then one night I sat down and felt destitute I prayed to Jehovah and begged that if he was real, to help as I had no idea how to get out of where I was.

A few nights later 2 sister’s engaged in evening witnessing, knocked on my door, it was their last door for the evening. I explained my situation and I they read a scripture and a bible study was started. 


As you gained greater knowledge of God’s Word, what bible teaching or verse had an impact on you?

One of the scriptures they read was Proverbs 3:5,6 . It appealed because my life was in confusion, I wanted a way out. Jehovah was promising to make my paths straight. 

A few years later I experienced more heartache when my husband left us when my youngest was 6 months old. The feelings of mistrust, anger and resentment came back I was hosptialized after suffering post traumatic stress disorder and severe deppression. I was left disalussioned again and left the truth,.

I had almost given up hope. I felt I was never going to good enough for Jehovah. 
I analysed that scripture Proverbs 3:5,6  - Trust was missing - but how do you learn to trust? 
I knew I couldnt lean on my own understanding. 


What changes did you make as a result of being stired by that bible verse?

There have been many times I have read and reread that scripture - To remind my self that no matter what experience I have had or what I have been through never to think “ I can go this one alone” 

Around the time the video ‘Good News To Every Nation, Tribe, and Tongue that the CO showed us I started reassing my goals with the thought of pioneering as this had been a goal I had when I was first baptized.

From any persons standpoint there was no way I could pioneer. And no one would hold it against me, after all I had my responsibilities as a wife and mother of 4, health issues and my mum with early stages of alzheimers - Impossible! 

I knew I had trust but it has a limit right? - Wrong I found there is no limit to how much we can trust Jehovah.  I was viewing it in a fleshly sense not from Jehovah’s stand point ...in another words I was leaning on my own understanding.
I re read that scripture this time with another scripture Luke 18:27 
The things impossible with men are possible with God.”
It made me realise whatever I faced whether perceived or real NOTHING is impossible for Jehovah, especially if it is in line with his will as stated in Mathew 6:33,34

That was the answer to my prayers. After auxillary pioneering for 6 months I took the plunge and started regular pioneering in September 2013.


What blessing have you experienced as a result?

I have found the more I trust Jehovah the more he pleasantly surprises me. I find myself thanking him more often than asking, and when I do its for guidance BEFORE making a decision.

I also enjoy being continually taught by Jehovah, I feel I started pioneering to teach others but I have found that Jehovah is the one finishing my training and teaching me

In addition I enjoy a happy family life, our 2 eldest sons are baptized with one taking up the fulltime service too.

Although I do still suffer from depression and mood swings from time to time, I find it no longer debilitates me as it once did. If fact pioneering has made a much happier and peaceful person.
I also have the privlage of attending pioneer school next week! YAY!!!


   
                 Being interviewed by Bethel Representative Bro Darren Janes



4 comments:

  1. Wow sister. Your experience is very encouraging.! I reminds me so much of my own. I can rememeber being in my basement at home, begging Jehovah to prove to me and show me he's real. Long story short, HE DID. One of my spiritual goals is to serve in AU and NZ. What is it like in AU?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Dee, Thank you so much - Yes it's amazing how Jehovah listens and responds to each of our prayers. I saw that you too have just completed your Pioneer School. What a blessing! Where we live there is alot of interest - mostly new young families building homes and have never really had a conversation with us. I guess there is a need everywhere - Jehovah will use you where ever you are. Keep up the fine work!!
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your experience! It is very encouraging to see the obstacles that you have overcome! I hope you had a great week in Pioneer school. When I went last year, I needed a week to decompress after! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tricia So true! Everyone has been asking me how it was and I've been giving them a deer caught in the headlights look,it was fantastic - there is so much and the new format is wonderful! Thanks again for your encouragement such exciting times!

      Delete