Sunday 30 March 2014

A letter to keep...




I have a book. It was a blank notebook that was given to me from a dear friend some time ago. I love paper ( I have worked in the paper industry for over 20 years in my secular work) and hence love all kinds of stationery and printed pieces.

Anyway I wasn't too sure what I was going to do with this notebook, but I came across an experience where a sister wrote down all the good things where she felt Jehovah had helped her. Whilst I am still yet to get arround to this project decided to write phrases from talks, watchtowers and co'visits and assemblies, which I wanted to remember and reflect on.

For instance this quote " Everyone is busy. Sometimes we can be busy doing nothing." Bro Jeff Jackson - Zone Overseers Talk 2013 (1 Cor15:58) and so on.

I use this book whenever I'm feeling down or discouraged and I flick through the pages and see what new encouragement it can give me. When I started pioneering I added my Letter of Appointment.

Today I'm adding a new letter. My letter of invitation to my very first pioneer school in July!  I'm so happy right now, but you wouldnt guess it with all my tears!  LOL!

Anyway here's a glimpse of my special book, I love what I wrote in the opening page, never had I imagined when I started this book (back in 2007) did I have any idea what Jehovah had in store for me. 






2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your invitation to the pioneer school! So exciting! I too hope to be able to start pioneering, we also have 4 kids altho aged 11, 8, 4 & 2, so at the moment it is a couple of years off. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Juanita, thank you! To tell you the truth I thought this day would never come especially with all the kids! So encouraging to hear that your too have a a desire but remember that anything is possible in Jehovahs strength x

      Delete