Saturday 29 March 2014

".....God makes it grow"

Super excited about a couple of things that have happened over the last couple of weeks so I will start from yesterday and work my way back.

Yesterday I got treated to a wonderful 1hour body massage! So spoiled I know after witnessing my Shan booked me in while he got the kids from school then came picked me up to go to dinner. (Yes I was spoiled)

On the way I asked Axel, our 8 yr old how his day was he said yeh fine and then he paused and said oh yeah I have to tell you something that happened at school. With a feeling of panic I glanced at my husband and he said, "oh I think you might like this."

He started off by saying that there had been some issues in his class with kids making friends and his teacher had asked the class how you can make friends. After some discussion the teacher went over to her laptop and the projector. Axel said he noticed the JW.ORG site on her lap top and then he said she put on the "Whats a Real Friend"! Yep you read that correctly - she played it for all 25 children in the class!

It turns out that she spoke with another witness mum what they could do while the other kids do easter projects and of course our sister directed her to the website!

I had spoken to his teacher soon after all the JW.ORG mags were distributed and she confided that her best friend grew up as a witness and I just wonder if the two have been having conversations?

So the title of this entry is based on 1 Cor:3:7 ..."so that neither is the one who plants anything nor is the one who waters, but God makes it grow"

Next exciting piece  - We finally got our Public witnessing stand out and placed 2 books YAY! Still need to research best areas and we have ordered another 2 stands so we can have a set up in Yanchep area. It was a little funny not looking to make conversation with anyone (so unlike me) but I guess it's all part of the learning experience.

He's a pic of me and Shan in the park opposite the primary school. As you can tell it was a windy afternoon, well actually believe it or not PERTH is ranked one of the windiest cities in the world!




Other exciting news is that one of my bible studies came to her first meeting on Sunday! Well technically not first.. you see she used to study in Melbourne, for about 4 years but moved to Perth about 8 months ago. Anyway to cut a long story short the brothers found her whilst in the door to door work and handed her on to me. She is Chinese but studies in English with her Chinese bible on hand. Anyway she answered up at the meeting! WOW wasn't prepared for that but WOW!

She mentioned that her husband has taken the day off to attend our memorial, I discussed possibilities of him studying too which she said he'd like to but being a Chef has a hard time with his hrs, but was looking another job. Currently she only comes on a Sunday because she works Tuesday nights, so I tactfully brought up the subject of meeting attendance as she has stated she wants to get baptised. I think this only came to me as that morning I had just finished reading A Missionary's Life blog  "The 1 Day Wedding" where Peter stated to one of his studies that Hebrews 10: 24-25 is "biblical requirement"   (http://ilynca.blogspot.com.au/2014/03/the-1-day-wedding.html)

She agreed and said that her husband had been applying for jobs and thats when I suggested they pray together about the matter. I reasoned with her that Satan does not want her or her husband to study or come to meetings and perhaps they would find another job, possibly one with more money but not allow the meeting nights off. I suggested that by asking for Jehovahs direction first, this may help.

She was so excitied she said that she had been so anxious about what to do but she said she would talk to her husband when he came home and pray about it with him! She is so sweet she looked at me and the other sister and said " Reading and learning about Jehovah makes me so happy!"  I think we all had tears in our eyes.

Again the title of this entry is based on 1 Cor:3:7 ..."so that neither is the one who plants anything nor is the one who waters, but God makes it grow"




3 comments:

  1. I'll start by talking about your massage. I love massages! That is one of the best ways to be spoiled. So happy for you!

    That is so great you got to try out the public witnessing stand. I am so looking forward to it but we haven't received one yet. I can't wait!

    Oh and I am so glad that you found our stories helpful. I'm so glad that you are having such a wonderful experience with your study, Jehovah will certainly bless your (and her) efforts. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linka I really did enjoy my massage! And we have been waiting a long time to get started on these stands!! I remember when I first saw them on the JW.ORG site in New York and I said to may husband that looks so cool I want to do that - and there we are!
      Your stories are always an inspiration, funny and emotional, I love them!

      Delete
  2. I have tears in my eyes! Thanks so much for sharing such beautiful experiences

    ReplyDelete